Saturday, April 22, 2006

Triptych

This is the idea i had in mind for the triptych. I think when I do it, I am going to use maybe very few values between black and white, and no gradient, all hard lines and shadows. I think it will do me good to remember to outline (and fill in) my centerfolds in black paint, and wait for it to dry before going over them with grey and white. Any thoughts, suggestions and ideas are welcome. I know that the pre sketch (photoshop) looks pretty crappy, but I had to put my idea down somewhere, but not waste too much time on doing it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mock ups should be sketchy, there's no need to spend lots of time on details.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

did I spend too much time? I wanted to make it the way i was going to paint it...

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wellit's good to have some detail and it makes it easier for you later on. But all through out school I was told a comp is only a rough idea and it should be kept loose so changes can be made easily. Every one works differently though so there's really no right or wrong way.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok.. this didnt take up too much time. I just hope the final piece turns out the way I want it to.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home